Visibility – LinkedIn Growth Strategy
One of the things I’m working on with my power pod is working on increasing visibility. I want this in order to be recognized as an expert in the design field, not only to bring in more clients, but also because I like working with established small and medium sized businesses. For some reason, a lot of my clients spend time on LinkedIn – more than on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram. So I’m going to take a year and focus my visibility efforts on LinkedIn. I know it can take some time to see results, and that I may need to change my approach, but I’ve got the start of a plan. I’m going to reevaluate every 3 months, and see what needs to be tweaked, changed or let go.
So, what I’ve discovered in my LinkedIn research is:
- the best times to post on LinkedIn are Tuesday and Thursday, between 7am-9am and 12pm-2pm
- 20 LinkedIn posts a month help to reach 60% of a person’s audience
- Status updates should be approximately 50 characters with a question
- Add a link to point to an article for more discussion, and edit the link’s description so it’s concise & draws attention
- Posts on company pages can be targeted to specific followers by industry, role, etc.
- Long posts work best at 500 – 1200 words
- Hashtags are necessary to incorporate
I’ve finished updating my profile so it’s more in depth. I’ve updated my contact information. And in the next couple of days, I’m going to be updating our company’s page so that it focuses more on what benefits companies can get from working with MoonSoar Services.
I’m going to spend the next 3 months focusing on my own profile, not on my company page. I do better signing new clients when I’m interacting with them as myself and not as my company. Plus, for the time being the company page only has 2 followers (myself and John) so it doesn’t make sense for me to post there when I’d reach more people through my personal network.
What I plan on doing for the next 3 months before I come back and do my first evaluation is:
- Post a status update on Tuesday morning about the blog post that was published on our website on the previous Friday
- Post a short article on Thursday morning about something trending in web design or marketing that week
- Post another status update on Thursday afternoon about something trending in business growth or marketing
Hashtags I want to focus on include: