Weekly Update: Dec 22, 2017
Tuesday December 19, 2017
- Chose my 2018 Word For the Year: Flourish
- Got all caught up on all of the emails that were sent while away on vacation. I miss Cuba already, but the vacation was extremely healing.
- Got five major tasks completed.
Today I’ve discovered that when John starts panicking and getting anxious, I have the ability to maintain my calm and take control. This is a good thing, because he’s always the one I can depend on when I get anxious, so to know that I can be that for him… well, like I said, it’s a good thing.
Wednesday December 20, 2017
- Heard back from a potential client that was hoping to reduce the quote because she had a marketing consultant who wants to decide where elements are placed on the homepage. At this point thinking about passing on the project completely as it sounds like it’s going to be more work than originally quoted for.
- Spent afternoon at hospital for phlebotomy. Results from two weeks ago were super positive – ferritin levels were down to 80ng/mL. Huzzah!
- Got four major tasks completed<./li>
I started listening to the Meditation Minis podcast a while back and it’s been such a huge help in learning how to centre myself. Since going into business for myself, I’ve embraced a lot more of the things that I wouldn’t have looked twice at before – and meditation is a huge one. But these short guided meditations help me to focus on the now; something that both my anxiety and depression don’t like me doing. (And anything they don’t like me doing feels like a huge win for me.)
Thursday December 21, 2017
- Played in Adobe After Effects to create an animated gif for a client. Good reminder that I’m not an animator.
I had a minor breakdown today; we had been looking at houses last night. We’re hoping to buy at some point in the next year, but with prices, I don’t know how we’d be able to afford it. Goodness.
Friday December 22, 2017
- Almost ready to go live with one client site – we’ll begin transferring the site from staging environment to live environment early next week.
- Got caught up on all actionable emails
- Started planning 2018 – thinking about setting up a maintenance package for our clients, removing a few of our services from our website (analytics), and combining a few others (emergency website fix & website design, email marketing & adwords)
- Created a “Client Onboarding Process” checklist to hand all of the onboarding to John.
Hard to concentrate today. Last weekday before Christmas. Coffee + christmas music = OMGYAY.