#MyStartupStory #day4: My Startup Challenges
Someone told me this weekend that not everyone has it in themselves to start their own business, but I’m not convinced that’s the case. As long as you have the drive, and are able to weather the good times and the tough times, I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to do this yourself.
You’ve got to know that there will be days that are harder than others.
The biggest roadblocks I’ve faced have had to do with my social anxiety. This is something where, when things that are at their worst, I am unable to function normally. I’ve been working with my doctor and my therapist to work on getting a handle on things, so for the most part things are good right now, but whenever there’s a first that I don’t know what to expect at all, I have a huge roadblock that I need to get over. These include:
- Chamber of Commerce networking events
- picking up the phone for that first call to a client
- reaching out to a potential client
- following up with clients who are overdue on payments
- seeing people I know when I don’t expect to
- and joining new networking groups.